commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rodney Waldhoff <rwaldh...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [DBCP] Building the DBCP jarfile
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 17:31:06 GMT
On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Martin van Dijken wrote:

> Everything works peachy now, except for 13 deprecated warnings:)

The DelegatingXXX classes in DBCP override also delegate the deprecated
methods of XXX, for example:

class DelegatingPreparedStatement extends PreparedStatement {
 /** @deprecated */
 public void setUnicodeStream(int parameterIndex,
                              InputStream in,
                              int length) throws SQLException {
  checkOpen();
  _stmt.setUnicodeStream(parameterIndex,in,length);
}

The overridden method is also deprecatd (thats one kind of warning) but we
still invoke the "delegate's" setUnicodeStream, which should be the kinds
of warnings you're seeing.

These warnings are annoying, but I think we've got the right approach.