commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rodney Waldhoff <rwaldh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [collections][patch] ClassFilterIterator
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 13:43:52 GMT
Wouldn't it be more generic to expose your (private inner) ClassPredicate
as a public Predicate, say InstanceOfPredicate? That way one could easily
create ClassFilterIterator, as you have, but could also use the Predicate
in the various CollectionUtils methods, etc.

Also, I wonder if the ClassPredicate constructor should default to
Object.class when the given Class is null. new ClassPredicate(null) or new
ClassFilterIterator(null) seems like a rather confusing way to create a
NotNullPredicate or a NotNullIterator.  I wonder if simply throwing
IllegalArgumentException or NullPointerException from the constructor
would be cleaner?