commons-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Burdick <charles_burd...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Collections] [SUBMIT] Trie
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 16:33:54 GMT
Stephen,

That's a pretty brazen claim of being "the only active committer for
[collections]."

As a quick use of cvs log will show, there have been 10 committers
making changes in the last 6 months.

$ cvs -q log -N "-d>2002-06-06" | grep "author: " | awk '{print $5}' |
sort | uniq
bayard;
costin;
dion;
jstrachan;
jvanzyl;
mas;
mvdb;
pjack;
rwaldhoff;
scolebourne;

As for your "feeling that different Trie implementations may differ
significantly" one could say that about any of the Collections.  One
could say that about ArrayList.  That's why we have FastArrayList and
IntArrayList.

By your own admission, this is your first exposure to a Trie.  Thus I
don't feel your dismissal of the contribution is valid.  Let's let
others comment and gather concensus.

Thanks,
Chuck