commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rodney Waldhoff <rwaldh...@apache.org>
Subject [beanutils] adding Number support to <Number>Converter?
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 01:40:58 GMT
Would anyone have any issues with adding support for java.lang.Number
instances to ByteConverter, IntegerConverter, etc.  I.e., something along
the lines of (in ByteConverter for example):

  if(value instanceof Number) {
    return new Byte(((Number)value).byteValue());
  }

just after the test for (value instanceof Byte).

I'm already using a "wrapping" implementation of this in the Jelly ArgTag
<http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-commons-sandbox/jelly/src/java/org/apache/commons/jelly/tags/core/ArgTag.java>
but this would change the semantics of the beanutils Converters slightly,
so I wanted to run a brief sanity check first.

 - Rod