commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [BeanUtils] BeanComparator enhancement..
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 16:38:29 GMT
On Mon, 2 Dec 2002 EPugh@upstate.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I want to be able to query my BeanComparator and get back it's embedded
> comparator.  What are peoples thoughts on adding a public method
> getComparator() to return the embedded comparator?
>
> Eric Pugh

Makes sense to me -- I've added this in nightly build 20021203.

On a side note, have you ever run into the situation where you'd like to
use a BeanComparator when the property name in the two beans wasn't the
same?  I'm thinking of a use case like CustomerBean that uses "id" for the
customer's identifier, and OrderBean which uses "customerId" instead.  It
might be interesting to support this sort of thing as well.

Craig