commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <>
Subject Re: [BeanUtils] BeanComparator enhancement..
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 16:38:29 GMT
On Mon, 2 Dec 2002 wrote:

> Hi all,
> I want to be able to query my BeanComparator and get back it's embedded
> comparator.  What are peoples thoughts on adding a public method
> getComparator() to return the embedded comparator?
> Eric Pugh

Makes sense to me -- I've added this in nightly build 20021203.

On a side note, have you ever run into the situation where you'd like to
use a BeanComparator when the property name in the two beans wasn't the
same?  I'm thinking of a use case like CustomerBean that uses "id" for the
customer's identifier, and OrderBean which uses "customerId" instead.  It
might be interesting to support this sort of thing as well.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message