commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-commons/beanutils/src/test/org/apache/commons/beanutils BasicDynaBeanTestCase.java
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2002 20:11:41 GMT
On Thursday, December 19, 2002, at 07:26 PM, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

<snip>

> If you do a fresh checkout and build and still have the problem, we might
> indeed have a 1.3 versus 1.4 issue (I build everything with 1.4).  Are you
> still encountering this after picking up the change I just committed?

this still happens after a cvs -q up -d -P and a clean build so i think
that this must be a 1.3 verses 1.4 issue.

i think that the problem is that Boolean.TYPE, Double.TYPE etc don't
deserialize properly. (the problem goes away when i replace them in the
creation of the dynaclass used to create the bean.)

i'm not really sure what can be done to fix this. i suppose that we might
be able to make  DynaProperty externalizable and so some magic.

any other ideas?

- robert