commons-dev mailing list archives

From Kelvin Tan <kelvin-li...@relevanz.com>
Subject [configuration] XmlConfiguration
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 00:22:58 GMT
I've noticed XmlConfiguration to be unimplemented for awhile now. Is
there any intention to do something about it?

I have a basic implementation using dom4j and am willing to
contribute it if someone's interested...

BaseConfiguration is populated by keys in the XML file when
initialized. The mutator methods are intercepted by XmlConfiguration
to modify the Document as well. These changes can be set to
auto-persist, without a need to call save() explicitly. Element
attributes can be accessed via X.Y.Z[@attribute].

I haven't really dissected BaseConfiguration, so there may be some
stuff I'm unaware of regarding impedance mismatching  bet
BaseConfiguration and a possible xml implementation, but for what I
use it for, it works for me.

Regards,
Kelvin

--------