commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Newsletter - Request for content
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 17:57:51 GMT
From: "Henri Yandell" <bayard@generationjava.com>
> Sorry for the lateness Rob. Tbh I've been completely in holiday mood and
> have been relaxing. I'll Cc to the Commons mail list and let anyone there
> correct me/add to it [if someone does, make sure to include Rob in the
> email].

Here are the main changes that have happened recently on the Jelly
project...

* XPath sorting now added to the XML library

* <j:useBean> can now construct beans with constructor parameters

* better reporting of JellyUnit failures, line numbers, expressions etc.

* XMLUnit library added for unit testing of XML inside JellyUnit

So now JellyUnit can support the following XML unit testing constructs

* XPath based assertions via <test:assert xpath="..."/>
* schema validation via the jelly:validate library, testing XML against
DTDs, XML Schema, RelaxNG etc
* comparing 2 documents for equality using the new XMLUnit library
* performing XSLT on some XML and then then performing any of the above
* parsing HTML via the Neko parser and treating it as XML in any of the
above

As well as Jexl based assertions, assertEquals and a new <assertThrown> tag
to test for exceptions being thrown in Jelly scripts.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/