commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [Jelly] release manager?
Date Mon, 30 Dec 2002 17:55:02 GMT
From: "Morgan Delagrange" <mdelagra@yahoo.com>
> --- James Strachan <james_strachan@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > From: <dion@multitask.com.au>
> > > I'm a bit late on this, but shouldn't we move
> > Jelly to commons proper out
> > > of the sandbox first?
> > >
> > > Or in my unread mail has this already happened...?
> >

> > No we should do this real soon now.
> >
> > I've been offline over the festive period but I
> > thought we could discuss a
> > possible reorganisation of the code base into
> > independent libraries soon -
> > then do that reorg as part of the move into commons
> > proper. More later...
> >
> > James
>
> If by "independent libraries", you mean separate
> builds for each taglib a la Jakarta Taglbis, I'm
> inclining that way as well.  You probably haven't
> gotten to those emails yet.  :)

Agreed - yes that what I was thinking - also like dIon's previous mail,
along the same lines as the plugins in Maven.

Then we could have a small core Jelly jar (with a few basic libraries like
core, ant, logging, junit, util)* then make other libraries that require
additional dependencies as separate libraries. We could always make an
uber-jelly jar of all plugins per release if need be.

* The reason I picked those few core libraries to be in the core jelly jar
is to make developing and testing other jelly libraries easier. e.g.
logging, ant tasks & JellyUnit are available. All of these core libraries
are pretty small and have pretty minimal dependencies.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/