commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [jelly] Subclassing JellyContext
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 14:21:35 GMT
There's a factory method, createChildContext() which you can override to
create your own context...

public class MyContext extends JellyContext {

    public MyContext(JellyContext parent) {
        super(parent);
    }

    protected JellyContext createChildContext() {
        return new MyContext(this);
    }
}

Note that soon we'll be refactoring the variable scope logic out of the
JellyContext so that you could just provide your own variable Scope
implementation to change how variables behave. Thats typically the usual
reason folks need their own JellyContext implementation

There's more details of this here...

http://jira.werken.com/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=JELLY-1

James
-------