commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject [jelly] do we need the InvokeTag?
Date Tue, 31 Dec 2002 11:28:03 GMT
I just spotted the invoke tag (I must have missed its arrival before). I
might have misunderstood its intention but using it as follows

<j:invoke var="result" on="${myBean}" method="foo">
    <arg value="${x}"/>
    <arg value="123"/>
</j:invoke>

Could just be replaced with

<j:set var="result" value="${myBean.foo(x, 123)}"/>

Do you think we still need the invoke tag? I can imagine the invoke tag
having some benefits for argument type conversion, but am just wondering if
that could be done via a seperate convert tag or helper bean..

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/