commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen Colebourne" <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject [VOTE][collections] Functors, dependency from collections to lang
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 15:03:34 GMT
Proposal:
a) Add dependency from [collections] to [lang]
b) Deprecate the existing functor classes in [collections]
c) Make the existing functor classes in [collections] extend those in [lang]
for easy upgrading

The functor code (Predicate et al), currently resides in [lang]. It contains
about 50 implementations of functors that [collections] users would benefit
from and have requested frequently. This proposal aims to recognise the
status quo, and provide quick benefits to our users so we can move forward
on this issue.

+1 [  ]  I support this proposal
 0 [  ]  I don't like it but won't block it
-1 [  ] I oppose this proposal, because...

Please cast your votes. I am assuming that this is a majority vote with at
least 3 +1s from [collections] committers (please correct me if this is
wrong).

Stephen
(I am willing to code the changes)