commons-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [modeler] Modeler does not handle generic Descriptors (bug 14361)
Date Sat, 09 Nov 2002 18:27:27 GMT
+1 in general. Modeler is missing several things - right now it
is 'good enough' for tomcat ( i.e. implements what we need ).

Regarding DTD extension - it is needed, however I would like to
ask you to take a look first at other DTDs that solve
the same problem ( like in jboss for example ). It would
be very nice to at least share the same tag names and
layout - and maybe support multiple descriptors.
Of course, the ideal would be a unique DTD used in
multiple products/projects - that would be the best
for users and everyone involved.

I'm also doing some enhancements to modeler - I'm mostly interested
in the persistence part ( saving the modified attributes ). A
proposal was made on tomcat to use JNDI as an API for the data
storage ( it is already used to abstract the VFS ), and
I'm trying to bridge the 2 - i.e. modeler to save changed
attributes in JNDI, plus jndi providers to abstract the
existing config files.

Costin