commons-dev mailing list archives

From Eduardo Francos <efranco...@incontext.fr>
Subject Re: [Collections] SoftRefHashMap.purge throws ConcurrentModificationException
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2002 10:15:31 GMT
In article <009b01c293df$aea47a00$9e2529d9@oemcomputer>, Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> I have applied the suggested fix, as it appears to be sensible, thanks.
>
> However, we now advise using ReferenceMap instead of SoftRefHashMap, as the
> latter is severly broken.
>
> Stephen

Thanks, I got the new 2.1 version and am using ReferenceMap instead.
I noticed that the purge method as become private and is called in many places in the source
code, but
the documentation for the method states that it is called only for write operations.
I must be sure that the stale mappings are removed for read operations too (ex:size) and though

currently the implementation calls purge() for all read methods as well can this change in
the future?

Thanks
Eduardo