commons-dev mailing list archives

From Tim O'Brien <tobr...@transolutions.net>
Subject Re: [collections][SUBMIT] class 'RandomCollection'
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2002 15:10:59 GMT
Jeff,

You asked, so I'll reply, this is not junk.  I was previously using the
RandomIterator from the WASA project on SourceForge, and I'm going to
immediately switch to this RandomCollection.  I'm using your
RandomCollection for efficient tree population.

I noticed your previous reply to the question about the LoopingIterator
where you mentioned that you were trying to implement a RandomIterator but
there were problems with concurrency, etc.  I assume that on further
thought you decided to tackle the problem from the collection end of the
problem.

Thanks

Tim

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Jeff Varszegi wrote:

> It's a place you can dump things and get them back in random order, over and over again
if you
> wish.  I've used it in the past, and just thought I'd get some javadoc together and show
it to you
> all in case you think it would be useful.  Includes the Apache software license-- see,
I'm getting

--
Tim O'Brien