commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [general] Killing projects (Was: [pattern] Proposed removal of project)
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2002 17:34:31 GMT

I don't agree. Look at it from the point of the Incubator project, these
are projects which failed to make it in. Codec is not a good example as it
is still in the state of trying to get in.

Something like Patterns is accepted as not making its way in.

When incubation fails [and that is all commons-sandbox is], that code is
somethign which Apache have said they are not going to allow in. If not
being allowed in, why do we still have to support it?

[And if it's being published on the website [via cvs.apache.org] then we
[well the members] are legally obliged to monitor it, even if it's being
made available on the cvs].

I'm not arguing for obliteration, but I think Stephen's original question
hides a can of worms. Is the Attic of CVS still publication? Do we want a
large set of proejcts to spam the sandbox, or should we archive them off
to anotehr repository?

Hen