commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [lang] Notifier
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2002 22:46:16 GMT

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, Henri Yandell wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, Stephen Colebourne wrote:
>
> > Some comments/suggestions:
> >
> > - Does JDK1.4 not have something similar? Does that matter?
>
> Does it? Damn. Hadn't been aware of it. There is Observer/Observable, but
> that's pretty useless.

Do you mean EventListenerProxy? [along with EventListener]. It seems to
not do much. At least looking at the source to GNU's Classpath project it
seems to not do much.

I think all they have is a common interface to all Listeners called
EventListener, so the jdk 1.4 version of Notifier would check that the
Class passed in was an EventListener class.

[Side note, should we be storing a set of 'what to change when we go
dependant on JDK 1.4' notes? :) ]

Hen