commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <>
Subject RE: [jdbc] JdbcUtil etc
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 22:41:34 GMT

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002 wrote:

> Given all the recent issues about our responsibilities wrt legal
> issues, I think that using a Sun Trademark (is it a trademark?) for
> one of our released products could cause problems. If jdbc is
> preferred, I think that it should be checked with our official PMC
> (Jakarta) or the board.
> For beans, the solution was to call it beanutil, so perhaps we should
> call it jdbcutil.

Looking at the Sun website, the JDBC acronym is clearly trademarked on its
webpage so we need another name.

[A friend suggested JDBS... He's had some bad times with JDBC :) ]

I'll ask the question on General as do we even know if jdbcutil is ok?
[Beans isn't trademarked, JavaBeans is].

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message