commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [Lang] Release 1.1? [wasRe: [Lang] Please fix this]
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 15:48:51 GMT

They seem to be the choices.

We have:

1)
1.0.1 release asap. This includes the NumericRange bugfix and any other
bugfixes that can be dredged together. A branch would be made of tag
LANG_1_0 and the bugfixes retroactively applied.

2)

1.1 release in slightly more time. We look to make a release with
new functionality. We ignore certain elements if they are not wanting to
go out, ie) functor/reflect, but everything else goes out.

Postives for 1) are, we get it out quicker, but it's a lot more fiddly and
involves a fair amount of time.

Positives for 2) are, we continue our desire to release often, and we get
other fixes out etc. Rather than fiddling around branching we spend time
learning our process for a 2nd release [ie) a lot of the 1.0 release
things were special as they were the first time].

I'm +1 for 2).

Hen