commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [lang] Bug 14334 NestableException/Delegate is not serializable
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2002 19:19:44 GMT

Good point.

Could we have a cloneException method internally which gets hte message,
stack-trace and classname of another exception and when output as our
nested-exception's child, we fake it?

I guess that might have some issues too though. People woudl expect
getCause/getException/whatever on our nested exception to maintain the
same class of exception.

Hen