commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <>
Subject Re: [lang] MethodUtils [WAS Re: [beanutils][lang][PROPOSAL] deprecated beanutils version of MethodUtils]
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2002 09:24:06 GMT

On Fri, 1 Nov 2002, Stephen Colebourne wrote:

> > what i'd like to do is add a debug boolean and a log method (probably both
> > private) that logs messages to System.out. this would allow debugging
> > calls to remain in place *but* we'd have to remember to switch the flag
> > back off before committing. is that ok with you?
> I am -1 for [lang] to depend on [logging], thus this is the best solution.
> System.err might be better however.

Unless some genius comes up with a nice solution to cyclic dependencys,
I'm +1 for System.err too. Should this be institutionalised across Lang?

[Must draw up a dependency tree for Commons, unless reactor or gump
generate one already]

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message