commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [Betwixt] XMLBeanInfo customization
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2002 19:55:23 GMT
On Monday, November 18, 2002, at 10:59 AM, h.dietrich@webfair.com wrote:

> Is there a reason for keeping the XMLBeanInfos inside the Introspector. I
> would prefer something like an XMLBeanInfoRegistry class, which keeps the
> instances. This would make it easier to provide XMLBeanInfo, which might
> me
> generated on the fly without using an Introspector.

let's see if i've got this right.

the idea would be that rather than caching the XMLBeanInfo's inside
XMLIntrospector, this functionality would be broken out into a separate
pluggable class. this class would map classes to XMLBeanInfo and provide
services such as cache flushing. XMLIntrospector would see if the
XMLBeanInfo exists in the cache and if it doesn't, it would create it and
then ask the XMLBeanInfoRegistry to cache it.

i quite like this idea :)

> For handling XMLBeanInfos i guess a pluggable mechanism could be the right
> way, since there are different opinions about how and where to store
> XMLBeanInfos.

IMHO these are solutions to different problems.

> BTW: I got my code running and it works well, but I still use the
> Introspector to get an XMLBeanInfo and modify it the way I want to use it.

glad it's working. that's a great thing about open source - you can always
rewrite it to make it work the way you want to.

- robert

> - Harald
>
>> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

>>> xxx.yyy.FooBean, betwixt would try to discover a class called