commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [Betwixt] XMLBeanInfo customization
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2002 19:47:43 GMT

On Sunday, November 17, 2002, at 09:36 PM, Stephen Colebourne wrote:

> From: "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk>

>>> This is already "kind of" supported, from a java.beans.Introspector
>>> perspective. Don't think it is an ellegant solution though that sun
>>> chose (with registring searchpaths)
>>
>> agreed :)
>>
>> i was thinking along the lines of allowing a custom programmatic
>> XMLBeanInfo implementation but insisting that the package and name match
>> exactly. so, for example, if you have a bean with full name
>> xxx.yyy.FooBean, betwixt would try to discover a class called
>> xxx.yyy.FooBarXMLBeanInfo.
>>
>> anyone have any improvements on this plan?
>
> I've lost track of the original request, but...
> [clazz] is intended to provide a pluggable replacement to Introspector,
> capable of pulling in data from XML files or specially coded classes.
> Ideally I would like to see [betwixt] use [clazz] once complete, thus
> maybe
> the effort should go into [clazz] as a broader solution?

probably so. unfortunately the amount of effort that i had intended to
devote to the above solution is probably too little to make a difference
to [clazz] ;)

a pluggable introspection solution would be cool.

what i was talking about (above) is a little different since really it'd
be an alternative to .betwixt files for custom mappings. when you're using
a custom mapping then betwixt only makes limited use of the introspector
(if at all).

- robert