commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Axel Hohaus" <axel.hoh...@armax.de>
Subject AW: [SQL] AXgen
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2002 11:04:45 GMT
Hi Neeme,

> Right now, if I understand everything correctly, then the two
> projects
> have the following features.
>
> Commons SQL:
> * transform schema.xml -> database specific DDL
> As this code is originally from Torque, then it should be
> fairly easy to
> implement also:
> * transform schema.xml -> object model (java classes)
> * transform schema.xml -> OJB repository.xml
> because these features are implemented in torque...
> BTW, maybe someone from Commons SQL team can comment, why only DDL
> generation was extraced from torque and not the other
> generation features?
>
> AXgen:
> * transform UML -> entity classes (specialized object model?)
> * transform UML -> OJB repository.xml
> * transform UML -> DDL
>
> So, if we would combine these two, we could have:
> * transform UML -> schema.xml -> object model (entity or whatever)
> * transform UML -> schema.xml -> repository.xml
> * transform UML -> schema.xml -> DDL
> + additional features you mention below.

Why using a second XML-scheme to generating all output (ddl,
ojb-classes, repository). XMI is also XML based description of all
nedded informations.
Using an existing project, like commons-sql, to individualize ddl's for
specific RDBMS and generating an simplified XML from Axgen, is an good
idea.

Generating ojb-classes and repository.xml is realized in AXgen and don't
need a second step.

Regards
Axel