commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <>
Subject Re: [lang] MethodUtils
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2002 19:02:43 GMT
On Friday, November 1, 2002, at 08:59 AM, Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> From: "robert burrell donkin" <>

>> i've noticed that you've commented out the invokeMethod implementation.
>> my
>> first job will be to get that working about. are there any modifications
>> that you need me to make to the commented out code (or is it just a case
>> of get it working again)?
> I was going to see if that commented out code did the same thing for
> Methods
> that I had coded for Fields.

basically the stuff you commented out is the code that's been developed in
beanutils to fix the bugs in the getMethod implementation. it's this stuff
which is particularly useful for people running on JVM's with buggy

my plan is to uncomment the code and copy all the MethodUtils test cases
into lang. i think that it should be easier to create a good version in
lang (containing all the workarounds developed in beanutils) if we
establish a reference version containing working versions of the old
methods before we start tinkering.

i'll then try to move the test cases along to the replacement methods once
we decide what they are.

- robert

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>