commons-dev mailing list archives

From John Keyes <j...@integralsource.com>
Subject [cli] API change
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2002 22:44:41 GMT
Hi guys,

The method signature for addValue is currently public, this method
should
only ever be called by the parser when it is creating the command line.
  This
method currently returns a boolean when the add fails, this should be
changed
to throw exceptions when a problem occurs.

What is the general consensus for doing something like this?  If this
was a
frequently used API then I would say deprecate it, seeing that this was
design fault I think it should be okay to change the signature as it
should
not affect any users code.

What do people think?

Thanks,