commons-dev mailing list archives

From Victor Volle <victor.vo...@gmxpro.net>
Subject Re: [clazz] draft reflect implementation
Date Sat, 09 Nov 2002 17:22:29 GMT
Dmitri,

your work looks very promising!
I especially like the Idea, that I just have to
overwrite a method in ReflectScalarPropertyIntrospector
to match other methods as read/write methods.

There are (currently) two things I do not
quite understand. As far as I can see,
all Introspectors scan the complete
set of available methods. Would it be possible
to have a list of (pluggable) introspectors like and
a single loop over all methods. Something like this:

        for (int mc = 0; mc < methods.length; mc++){
            Method method = methods[mc];
            for ( int ic = 0; ic < introspectors.length; ic++ ) {
                 ReflectedPropertyIntrospector inspector = inspectors[mc];
                 inspector.checkMethod( method, ..., parseResults );
             }
        }

Second, I am not sure that the methods

   addClazzLibrary(), getClazz(), constructLibraryArray

and so on, should be part of the Class Clazz.
They probably belong to a Class Model or something
like that.

Victor

PS: I am hesitating to offer my help, yet (besides criticism :-))
because I am still not sure that I can use it for my own project
and I would like to wait for the "dust to settle".