commons-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Coté <c...@computer.org>
Subject [CLI] tools usage and parsers
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2002 10:36:58 GMT
Hi,

First, I'll start with a question regarding tools usage for the
subproject CLI.  I notice that there is bugzilla, Scarab and a mailing list.

When I have idea of possibility of new feature, documentation
improvement, test case improvement... for the project, should I enter
them directly in bugzilla, or do you prefer that I present them to
mailing list?

Second, there one thing that I cannot figure out just by reading the
javadocs (neither by reading the readme and java source, but I think
should be I the javadocs).  Why is there several parser?  Are they
supposed to behave the same or not?  If yes, in which case which one are
more performent?  If not, what diffence of behavior should I expected
from which parser?

I am thinking of refactoring the test-case to isolate behavior that are
specific to a parser and make sure that any none specific behavior is
tested against all parser.

Thanks

--
Guillaume Coté