commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <e.bo...@cross-systems.fr>
Subject Re: [digester] bug fix release?
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 17:07:51 GMT

robert burrell donkin wrote:

> #12997 Call the method as soon as last parameter is encountered
> maybe someone (craig did some work on this before) might like to
> evaluate the new patch.

The new patch is just an update to work against the head of the CVS
repository, it still breaks Tomcat 4.1. I'm digging in tomcat's code to
understand what happens here.

> #3893 multiple element body parts problem
> i think that in this case the method gets called more than once. so, i'd
> say the behaviour is reasonable. the comment from emmanual berg
> illustrates that it's hard to know exactly how this should be improved.
>
> i'd be happy to mark this WONTFIX

Emmanuel BOURG ! not Berg ;)

For this bug i think it might work like the innerHTML function in
Javascript (that's the option 3 i exposed), that's a convenient way to
use HTML-like or XML structures as string parameters. Of course a
workaround is to use a <![CDATA[ .. ]]> section or maybe a different
namespace.

Emmanuel