commons-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Davey <Michael.Da...@CodeRage.ORG>
Subject [lang][logging] dependencies (was: Re: [lang] MethodUtils)
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2002 11:55:51 GMT
Henri Yandell wrote:

> I'm +1 for System.err too. Should this be institutionalised across Lang?

There has been discussion before about a 'Core' component with the bare minimum
from various commons components and upon which (nearly) every commons component
would depend.

Could the Log interface, LogFactory, SimpleLog and NoOpLog classes be moved to
'Core' leaving the rest in Logging (thus making Logging an extension to Core's
logging functionality)?  The only obvious Core candidates from Lang (for me) are
Nestable*.

--
Michael