commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <>
Subject [Betwixt] XMLBeanInfo customization [WAS Re: AW: [Betwixt] Support of user defined XMLBeanInfo?]
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2002 18:38:04 GMT
On Tuesday, November 12, 2002, at 06:45 PM, wrote:

> Hi Robert,

hi Harald

> But anyway I would like to use Betwixt in a more flexible way (e.g. having
> own XMLBeanInfos for some Beans).

> But on the other hand, if you are interested in making the way beans are
> written and read more flexible I would like to support you. For example
> what
> is it about the .betwixt files? I could not further information about
> them.

.betwixt files are the way that betwixt allows XMLBeanInfo's to be
customized. you can do things such as deciding which properties are going
to be mapped to xml etc. there is (some) documentation on them on the web
site (

since XMLBeanInfo's were supposed to correspond to java.beans.BeanInfo.
BeanInfo supports programmatic implementations. so if you had something
like xxx.yyy.zzz.FooBean then betwixt might look for a
xxx.yyy.zzz.FooBeanXMLBeanInfo class which would be a programmatic

i don't know if adding this feature would help you or not.

- robert

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message