commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [digester] bug fix release?
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 18:01:51 GMT
On Friday, November 1, 2002, at 12:05 AM, Scott Sanders wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 10:12:16PM +0000, robert burrell donkin wrote:
>> we've had a request for a bug fix release and so that probably means that
>> we should have done one last week ;)
>>
>> what needs doing?
>>
>> bugs
>> ====
>>
>> #13098 digester performance
>> ---------------------------
>> i don't want to apply this patch. reasons? 1. it would mean changes the
>> MethodUtils API just when i was about to deprecate the class and move the
>> actively developed version into lang. 2. once this move is complete, i
>> want to work on improving beanutils and MethodUtils performance. this
>> patch should not be necessary once these changes are made.
>>
>> i'd be happy to mark this WONTFIX
>>

> -0.  How long are we going to take to get the next lang out.  I think
> this kind of sucks, but I guess I have to go with the flow.

hi scott

i've been thinking about this whilst i've been looking at MethodUtils.
really the method names are so poorly chosen and the contracts in the java
docs so badly designed that there probably won't be a method-for-method
correspondence with the new version in lang.

you know that i don't like this patch but if you feel strongly that it
should be applied and are willing to maintain the code in the
beanutils.MethodUtils version (until it's deprecated), then i won't stand
in your way.

so... the ball's in your court on this one.

- robert