commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Varszegi <jvarsz...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [all]Naming conventions (where do I find 'em?)
Date Sun, 17 Nov 2002 20:05:39 GMT
Thanks for your thoughtful reply.  I think that code that has standard naming conventions is
easier for people to understand, and makes it more likely to be adopted (in addition to making
it
look more professional).  Maybe it comes from my English-geek background; one of the things
I love
about object-oriented languages like Java is that my code turns out to read almost like a
story if
I've taken time with the naming of things.

I am having a blast digging through all the Jakarta projects for the first time, but at first
was a little confused as to some of the website organization.  I just figured I was missing
the
coding-standards documentation if I didn't immediately see any.

Jeff