commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Varszegi <jvarsz...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [collections][SUBMIT]A faster linked list
Date Sat, 16 Nov 2002 20:22:30 GMT
I think it can be used as a direct LL substitute now.  I don't agree that it needs to extend
LinkedList.  My reason is that someone would have to change at least one line of code, where
the
thing is declared and/or allocated, anyway.  Also, if someone is using a LinkedList as a
LinkedList (instead of a List) they're doing things wrong anyway.  The main point of the
Collections API is the interfaces.  I dunno if that makes me a prig or a purist...  ;0)  I
will
make a new version that extends LinkedList and see how I like it.

Actually, it looks like I lied earlier when I said that it was exactly like LinkedList except
for
the node caching.  It looks like somewhere along the way I changed the contract of the getXXX
methods to stop throwing NoSuchElementException.  I agree that that should be changed back
support better integration into existing code.

Can you tell me more about the unit testing?

Thanks,

Jeff