commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Tirsén <>
Subject Re: [attributes][clazz]
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2002 09:52:51 GMT
I agree with James on this one. I haven't had a look
at clazz yet but it does seem to have a much broader
scope. Attributes will be a very, very simple API. I
think even simpler than logging.

The Java-community really need runtime-attributes at
the moment and this need is what attributes should
solve, this and nothing else. Clazz will have a
different agenda. With attributes we could put
together a release in just a couple of weeks time,
I've already used this for some time and it works very
good. It's fully (ok, 96% code coverage) covered with
unit-tests. The API is extremely small and we could
have very good documentation with usage-scenarios in a
short time.

If my opinion is worth anything this is what I think
we should do. Technically I'm not at all against
merging attributes with clazz, I think they make a
pretty good fit. I just want a 1.0 release of
something that implements attributes as soon as
possible. That's why I extracted it from Nanning,
because Nanning too has a different agenda.

 --- James Strachan <>