commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rodney Waldhoff <rwaldh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Pool: Next Release?
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2002 17:16:37 GMT

On Fri, 1 Nov 2002, Roytman, Alex wrote:

> Do you have any time frame for next release of pool component?
> Will it include invalidateObject() and doEvict()?

As you may have noticed, all the bugzilla issues for pool have been
addressed, which puts us in pretty good shape for a 2.0 release (if we
include invalidateObject and evict, we'll need to call it 2.0).  I'd also
like to add some additional throws clauses to the ObjectPool and
KeyedObjectPool interfaces--at least on setFactory--which would enable
some refactoring to remove duplicated code between the various classes in
the impl package.  While we're at it I wonder if we might just add "throws
Exception" across the board there.

Yesterday and today I've been trying to work through the open DBCP issues
as well.  I think it may be helpful to hold off on a Pool release until
we're ready or almost ready for a DBCP release as well, in case DBCP
issues drive additional Pool changes.

If you want a release sooner than later, it may be helpful to dig into the
remaining DBCP issues, test the HEAD versions of Pool and DBCP more
extensvively, or work on general cleanup and documentation for either or
both.