commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [lang] MethodUtils - assignableFrom
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2002 20:12:41 GMT
hi Stephen

i've been taking a look at the assignable logic in ClassUtils. it's
unfortunate that it can't be used as a replacement for
isAssignmentCompatible in MethodUtils. the problem is that reflection
allows the matching of primitives to their class counterparts. so, for
example, a Boolean class parameter can be used to invoke a boolean
parameter type.

(unless you feel happy with altering the way that ClassUtils.isAssignable
works) maybe i'll rename the method in MethodUtils, make it public and
give it a better contract.

- robert