commons-dev mailing list archives

From scolebou...@btopenworld.com
Subject Re: [util] Dependency on lang
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2002 17:33:57 GMT
I'm with Hen on this one. Core is coming, but not quite yet. [util] is a diverse set of useful
classes that don't quite make a releasable jar. Maybe they will one day, maybe it will all
be folded into [lang]. Its still not the right time to say IMHO.

Actually, the real task is to examine each of the classes, tidy up the files, licences, formatting
and tests before they go anywhere. Having said that, I'd prefer to see [io] get promoted first
- its closer to promotion and better defined.

Stephen

>  from:    Jeff Varszegi <jvarszegi@yahoo.com>
> You're absolutely right.
>
> --- Ola Berg <ola.berg@ports.se> wrote:
> > A commons core component has been discussed before. Seems like lang, util, collection,
io and
> > some more are justified there, since they cover broad aspects of java programming.
This is