commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [jelly] Building from CVS sources
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 17:24:00 GMT
From: "Paul Michael Reilly" <pmr@pajato.com>
> > Cool tip : Keep around a maven that works (eg b8) and move it when you
>  > want to use the latest (untill it is broken, use b8 or whatever the
>  > version is). Simple but effective ;)
>  >
>  > Mvgr,
>  > Martin
>
> I've been trying to use Maven b7 to build the Jelly CVS version.

That should work. Honest :-)

> could find no Maven b8 to download.  Is there one built?

I don't think so.

>  I am loathe
> to try to build Maven from the CVS sources after all the grief I've
> had with Jelly.

Don't worry - it should work fine. I've been using Maven b4, b5, b7 and b7
to build Jelly and not had a problem up to now.

> If and when I do get a Maven that actually builds Jelly, I shall cast
> it in bronze.

:-). Hopefully any of them should work.

I've looked at your error log and I'm kinda stumped. It does look quite
strange to me. Are you absolutely sure that you've a proper b7 distro and
that MAVEN_HOME definitely points to it and that $MAVEN_HOME/bin is near the
front of your path?

What does this output...

    maven -g

As 'java:jar' has been a standard target for quite some time and works fine
for me. Does

    maven test

work for you?

James