commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen Colebourne" <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject [lang] Fractions
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2002 00:23:02 GMT
I've taken a quick look, some comments:

- I would like to see Fraction be immutable
    final
    fields are private final
    get methods

- I would like to see if else statements with {} brackets to conform with
our coding standards

- I would like to see an Apache licence and package, to confirm the code is
a donation

Otherwise they make sense as missing Java functionality. Would you like to
resubmit ;-)

Stephen

----- Original Message -----
From: <travis@thinkvirtual.com>
> Just looked through the Jade api and I see some related things in the
units package, but not seeing how to "easily" convert from say inches to
meters?  Unless I'm missing something.

> In any case, i've attached the Fraction and FractionFormat classes.

commons would seem to me to be a good ground for code like this.

> I would suggest submitting the fraction classes to [lang] to begin with.
>
> Stephen
>
> >  from:    travis@thinkvirtual.com
> > I also have a package of conversion classes that convert different
measurements from imperial to metric and vice versa for things like Length,
Pressure, Force, etc.

> > And along with that I have a Fraction and FractionFormat class that
deals with fractions (parsing, formatting, etc).