commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Ola Berg" <ola.b...@ports.se>
Subject Re: [util] Dependency on lang
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2002 08:16:54 GMT
A commons core component has been discussed before. Seems like lang, util, collection, io and
some more are justified there, since they cover broad aspects of java programming. This is
something that we (according to the discussions) seems to see in the future.

But given the closeness between them, isn't it already now justified to manage both the o.a.c.lang
and the o.a.c.util package in the thought of basic commons component named [core]? They are
both small and very very very basic. Handling them as two jars/subprojects/downloads seems
to be so much work for so little achieved.

I say: let's marry them together. What do you think?

/O