commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen Colebourne" <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [collections] Trying to test the linked list, a question
Date Sun, 17 Nov 2002 22:08:19 GMT
From: "Jeff Varszegi" <jvarszegi@yahoo.com>
> I looked all through the script of my class and I can't find anywhere it
can construct a blank
> string.  I also couldn't find anything wrong in general; I checked over
the logic pretty well, but
> I guess it's always possible to miss something.  Can anyone help me?

TestCollection.getFullNonNullElements() contains the values that are
failing. At some point they get added to a reference collection (ArrayList)
and your collection (NodeCachingLinkedList) - testList.makeFullList().

This uses addAll() to add and the testRemoveByIndex uses an iterator(). One
of those two must be failing. All I can suggest is following the path of the
data from the getFullNonNullElements() to the failure.

Stephen