commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Ara Abrahamian" <ara_...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Jakarta Commons Attributes, Nanning & XRAI
Date Sun, 17 Nov 2002 17:03:30 GMT
> Interesting... I've been thinking a little bit about inserting the
> attributes into the .class-file. Maybe this code could be merged into
> the XRAI-project. But is it really Ted Newards project? It seems the
> only member and admin of the project is Mark Pollack.

Afaik Mark + Ted's ideas. And yes we will merge it with
commons-attribute, but not now. So I propose this schedule:

v0.1 = abstract serialization api (like xrai) with default serialization
of .ser object stream files, Attribute+DefaultAttribute classes with the
simple implementation, ClassMetaData/DefaultClassMetaData, a smart ant
task

v0.2 = Attribute metadata: isClassLevel/getLevel/etc, hence a simple
form of validation of what user entered

v0.3 = CustomAttribute

v0.4 = XmlAttribute

v0.5 = BCEL attributes