commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven Caswell" <ste...@caswell.name>
Subject RE: [lang] Dates/DateRanges [was Re: Re: Conversion utilities]
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2002 00:55:29 GMT
The Joda date support looks interesting (just took a brief glance, but I
can see where it would be valuable).

I'm wondering, though, if there is still not some place in [lang] for
some basic utilities to help make the JDK Date and Calendar classes
easlier to use. I'm thinking that this would be a filler for those who
can't for whatever reason move over to using Joda. Unless of course you
want to not make it easier for folks to not use Joda :)

Having said that, though, I think we should try to limit the scope of
date/calendar stuff in [lang]. We certainly don't want to reinvent a
wheel that Joda would have already invented.

Steven Caswell
steven@caswell.name
a.k.a Mungo Knotwise of Michel Delving