commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen Colebourne" <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [Betwixt] XMLBeanInfo customization
Date Sun, 17 Nov 2002 21:36:54 GMT
From: "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk>
> On Saturday, November 16, 2002, at 02:08 PM, Martin van den Bemt wrote:
> >> since XMLBeanInfo's were supposed to correspond to java.beans.BeanInfo.
> >> BeanInfo supports programmatic implementations. so if you had something
> >> like xxx.yyy.zzz.FooBean then betwixt might look for a
> >> xxx.yyy.zzz.FooBeanXMLBeanInfo class which would be a programmatic
> >> XMLBeanInfo.
> >>
> >> i don't know if adding this feature would help you or not.
> >
> > This is already "kind of" supported, from a java.beans.Introspector
> > perspective. Don't think it is an ellegant solution though that sun
> > chose (with registring searchpaths)
>
> agreed :)
>
> i was thinking along the lines of allowing a custom programmatic
> XMLBeanInfo implementation but insisting that the package and name match
> exactly. so, for example, if you have a bean with full name
> xxx.yyy.FooBean, betwixt would try to discover a class called
> xxx.yyy.FooBarXMLBeanInfo.
>
> anyone have any improvements on this plan?

I've lost track of the original request, but...
[clazz] is intended to provide a pluggable replacement to Introspector,
capable of pulling in data from XML files or specially coded classes.
Ideally I would like to see [betwixt] use [clazz] once complete, thus maybe
the effort should go into [clazz] as a broader solution?

Stephen