commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen Colebourne" <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [all]Naming conventions (where do I find 'em?)
Date Sun, 17 Nov 2002 00:27:10 GMT
From: "Jeff Varszegi" <jvarszegi@yahoo.com>
> 1. Are there naming standards to which the Jakarta community adheres?
Current commons charter states that each commons subproject choses its own
standards. [Collections] has a document called developers-guide.html. It
would certainly make sense to expand on this for [collections] and add a new
file for [lang]

> 2. Is everything that has been previously named set in stone?  (If so, I
won't bring such things
> up.)
Pretty much. The commons charter says that we aim to really minimise API
change, as we are the low level utilities. Each case should be considered on
its own merits though as it comes up.

Stephen