commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Tirsén <...@tirsen.com>
Subject RE: runtime attributes
Date Wed, 20 Nov 2002 08:18:40 GMT

Yeah, I've been thinking about this too. This is one of the main reasons
why commons-attributes should be quite high-level. I'm leaning more
towards Aras way at the moment, if we just dump the serialization.

> So we can have different parsers, different syntaxs, but as
> far as the api is concerned there's no difference for the
> user of the api.

Yeah, the parsers and the runtime-plugin can do whatever they like if
they implement the API. So an example: A library like OJB mandates the
following: I need to have an attribute of type
org.apache.jakarta.ojb.FieldMapping on each field and an attribute of
type org.apache.jakarta.ojb.ClassMapping on each class. I don't care how
you do it, and what parser you're using to do it, I just need to access
those attributes through the commons-attribute-API. This is how you do
it using the default-parser: (example code).