commons-dev mailing list archives

From tobr...@transolutions.net (O'brien, Tim)
Subject RE: [general] Killing projects (Was: [pattern] Proposed removal of project)
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2002 17:20:04 GMT
[codec] sat around for 8 months with no activity.  It wasn't being
displayed on the website, and it contained 3 classes that used to be
available in [lang] ( I think.. ).    This dormant project came in handy
for me - I needed Soundex and Metaphone.

My point isn't to start any confrontation, I'm just wondering if there
are any Apache by laws that might deal with the situation of purging
projects from the repository.  It seems like a decision like this
shouldn't be subjective, as it will lead to pretty wide disagreements.
One man's garbage is another man's treasure....

Is there an existing Apache by law that deals with this situation?  From
what I see on Ted Husted's page with Common's guidelines
http://husted.com/about/commons/, there is nothing dealing with the
removal of packages that have fallen into disuse.

--------
Tim O'Brien
Transolutions, Inc.
W 847-574-2143