commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: gumpifying vfs
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 07:15:11 GMT
On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, Martin Cooper <martin.cooper@tumbleweed.com>
wrote:

> A related question: How do I update a Gump descriptor?

Right now, most Gump descriptors are inside Gump's own CVS, so the
only way to change them is to ask on alexandria-dev (be careful not to
be nominated as a committer if you do that too often 8-).

It is not necessary that Gump descriptors are part of Gump's CVS, and
several projects use descriptors that are under control of their own,
but my experience with this is rather mixed.  A broken Gump descriptor
can cause several other projects to be dropped:

If you declare a dependency on a project foo and Gump doesn't know
about foo, your project is going to be dropped.  No big deal?  Well,
there may be projects that depend on your project and those will be
dropped as well.

> I can see what needs fixing, but I don't know where to go to make
> the change.

AFAIK, Sam has fixed it.

Stefan