commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-commons-sandbox/grant gump.xml
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 07:22:06 GMT
On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, <dion@multitask.com.au> wrote:

> Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote on 22/10/2002 04:31:25 PM:
>
>> This is quite different from the descriptor I have written inside
>> of Gump's cvs - and yours won't work as is.
>>
>> (1) <module name="commons-grant">
>>
>> there is no CVS module by that name.  If you want to stick with
>> that name, you'll need to specify a different module name in the
>> <cvs> element.
>
> So this should be the cvs module, e.g.
> jakarta-commons-sandbox/commons-grant, and all will be ok with Gump?

If at all, it would be jakarta-commons-sandbox/grant, and I don't
think the way Gump constructs the cvs command line would work with
that.

I'll investigate, but it is probably easier to leave the module name
as commons-grant and change the <cvs> element.

>> (3) <property name="maven.final.name" value="commons-grant-
>> @@DATE@@"></property>
>>
>> won't do anything as this property is not used in build.xml.
>
> Will double check and fix Maven.

Thanks.

>> (5) <depend project="ant"></depend>
>>
>> There is no project called "ant", only "jakarta-ant", which
>> commons-grant already depends on.
>
> This is another problem - the naming of projects in Maven vs
> Gump. I'm sure there will be more.

There certainly are (I know Maven uses log4j for what is jakarta-log4j
in Gump for example, but then again, it could be jakarta-log4j-12).

>> (8) <javadoc nested="docs/apidocs"></javadoc>
>>
>> Is a lie ;-)
>
> Ok, and this should either be removed, or Maven should be fixed.

Thanks again.

Stefan