commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-commons-sandbox/grant gump.xml
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 07:22:06 GMT
On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, <> wrote:

> Stefan Bodewig <> wrote on 22/10/2002 04:31:25 PM:
>> This is quite different from the descriptor I have written inside
>> of Gump's cvs - and yours won't work as is.
>> (1) <module name="commons-grant">
>> there is no CVS module by that name.  If you want to stick with
>> that name, you'll need to specify a different module name in the
>> <cvs> element.
> So this should be the cvs module, e.g.
> jakarta-commons-sandbox/commons-grant, and all will be ok with Gump?

If at all, it would be jakarta-commons-sandbox/grant, and I don't
think the way Gump constructs the cvs command line would work with

I'll investigate, but it is probably easier to leave the module name
as commons-grant and change the <cvs> element.

>> (3) <property name="" value="commons-grant-
>> @@DATE@@"></property>
>> won't do anything as this property is not used in build.xml.
> Will double check and fix Maven.

>> (5) <depend project="ant"></depend>
>> There is no project called "ant", only "jakarta-ant", which
>> commons-grant already depends on.
> This is another problem - the naming of projects in Maven vs
> Gump. I'm sure there will be more.

There certainly are (I know Maven uses log4j for what is jakarta-log4j
in Gump for example, but then again, it could be jakarta-log4j-12).

>> (8) <javadoc nested="docs/apidocs"></javadoc>
>> Is a lie ;-)
> Ok, and this should either be removed, or Maven should be fixed.

Thanks again.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message